Earlier this week one of my friends mentioned how expensive it is to prepare their holiday table for Thanksgiving guests. Of course I couldn't help but try to create an affordable table in my head. Then I decided that you might like to see my imaginary holiday table (ha!) so I've put together an entire table from one store: World Market. Shopping from just one store isn't typically what I would recommend, but if you're starting from scratch, or just want the guess work taken out of your holidays, start here!
dinner plate| charger| salad plate| candle holders| water glass| flatware| wine glass| decanter| votive| runner| tablecloth| napkin
This is my imaginary table, so of course it's my favorite colors--green and white. But you could easily switch out the runner and cloth napkins for colors that fit your personal style.
Here are few noteworthy thoughts on why these pieces work together. Even if you don't love this holiday table, you can use these tips to create your own.
1) Layer, layer, layer. I've used a tablecloth, runner, cloth napkins, and natural fiber chargers.
2) Texture. No really, it's important. There is soft velvet trim on the napkins, gritty/natural texture in the chargers, smooth glass of the candle holders, and fuzzy texture of the leaves on the kale centerpieces.
3) Mix heights. One simple way to do this is keeping your centerpiece low with tall candles on either side. Also, use more than one glass (tall for water, short for wine or milk).
4) Mix your dishes. I always start with a simple white dinner plate. Then add interest with a patterned or colored dessert plate.
5) Bring in something natural--like kale from the grocery store, branches from your yard, or mini white pumpkins on every plate.
If you would like to work together creating a home you absolutely love, click here for more information on my interior design services. I'd be happy to create a custom holiday table just for you.
For more Thanksgiving Table ideas, read 8 ideas for your Thanksgiving Table.
**If you would like to make a comment on this post, please click over to the Abby M. Interiors facebook page. I'll be sure to reply. Thank you! Have a great weekend.**
Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter